Would you like to know more about how funding for Wisconsin roads works? The Wisconsin Digital Archives provides access to reports and statistics published by the Wisconsin Dept. of Transportation (DOT) that outlines the various aspects of funding for Wisconsin roads.
The DOT publishes a biennial report called, Transportation Budget Trends. The 2018-2019 report was recently released. This report is a biennial report intended to provide information about how Wisconsin’s state and federal transportation are distributed across all the various transportation modes. The Wisconsin Digital Archives has Transportation Budget Trends reports for 2002 through 2018-2019.
The DOT publishes a series of reports also found in the Wisconsin Digital Archives that provide information on specific transportation funding topics. Here are just a few of the reports available:
- How does Wisconsin fund transportation?
- How is transportation money spent?
- How much money goes toward local aids?
- How much is spent on new highway construction vs. fixing existing roads?
- How does Wisconsin’s transportation funding compare to other states?
For more information about funding Wisconsin roads, visit the DOT website.
Blog post written by: Abby Swanton, Resources for Libraries and Lifelong Learning